Dear valued patients,
On behalf of the entire team at Canyon Dental, we would like to say thank you for your patience, loyalty and support. Since our closure, we have been working diligently to evolve so we can continue to provide the excellent dental care you need safely, conveniently and affordably. You will notice many changes as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health and safety. We would like to share an update of the additional precautions we have taken.
- All patients and staff are prescreened for any symptoms or risk factors prior to coming and before entering the dental office. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
- Appointments are staggered to facilitate physical distancing between patients. If you already have a scheduled appointment, we may ask you if you can accommodate a slight shift in appointment time.
- Enhanced cleaning of any high contact surfaces in the office and waiting room.
- All magazines/toys and items that can harbor or transfer germs have been removed from the waiting room.
- Sneeze guards have been installed at reception.
- Disinfection of any outside mail and packages that enter the office.
- Patients are asked to limit companions at their appointments. Accompanying individuals are asked to wait in the mall or in their vehicles (exception being a legal guardian). This is to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Patients will have their temperature taken prior to their dental appointment.
- Patients are asked to use hand sanitizer upon initial entry/exit of the office. You will also find hand sanitizer around the office for your use as needed.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask to and from the dental office. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided.
- Payment arrangements are made in advance to avoid delays and allow for a contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced personal protective equipment is worn by staff during dental procedures.
- Air flow management has been performed throughout the office by an HVAC specialist.
- Portable air filtration units using HEPA filters and UV light disinfections have been placed strategically throughout the office.
The Alberta Dental Association has permitted the return to a full provision of services performed by dentists. Dental hygiene services are still slightly restricted as they are limited to hand scaling only. We also continue to recommend that any non-urgent care for vulnerable populations be delayed. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
The Canyon Dental Centre Team