On behalf of the entire team at Canyon Dental, we would like to say thank you for your patience, loyalty and support. Since our closure, we have been working diligently to evolve so we can continue to provide the excellent dental care you need safely, conveniently and affordably. You will notice many changes as we have new ways of scheduling your appointments and managing your insurance and financial transactions. We would like to share an update of the additional precautions we have taken.
- All patients and staff are prescreened for any symptoms or risk factors prior to coming and before entering the dental office. We will have to reschedule your appointment if we are unable to complete this step.
- Appointments are staggered to facilitate physical distancing between patients. If you already have a scheduled appointment, we may ask you if you can accommodate a slight shift in appointment time.
- Enhanced cleaning of any high contact surfaces in the office and waiting room.
- All magazines/toys and items that can harbour or transfer germs have been removed from the waiting room.
- Sneezeguards have been installed at reception.
- Disinfection of any outside mail and packages that enter the office
- Patients are asked to limit companions at their appointments. Accompanying individuals are asked to wait in the mall or in their vehicles (exception being a legal guardian). This is to allow for social distancing between patients.
- Patients will have their temperature and oxygen saturation taken prior to their dental appointment.
- Patients are asked to use hand sanitizer upon initial entry/exit of the office. You will also find hand sanitizer around the office for your use as needed.
- Patients are asked to wear a mask to and from the dental office. If you do not have one, a mask will be provided.
- Payment arrangements are made in advance to avoid delays and allow for a contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced personal protective equipment is worn by staff during dental procedures.
- Air flow management has been performed throughout the office by an HVAC specialist.
- Portable air filtration units using HEPA filters and UV light disinfections have been placed strategically throughout the office.
The Alberta Dental Association and the College of Registered Dental Hygienists has permitted the return to a full provision of services. We look forward to seeing you again soon and are happy to answer any questions you may have. As always, do not hesitate to contact us at (403) 225 – 1991 or email@example.com.
The Canyon Dental Team